16 Town Mill, SN8 1NS
16 Town Mill, SN8 1NS
Town Mill is a retirement development of 30 freehold two-bedroom cottages located on the site of an old Mill on an island on the River Kennet, with each cottage having its own allocated parking space. The picturesque ‘Wild Island’ offers walkways through to Marlborough High Street shops.
Built in 1987, 16 Town Mill is a delightful two bedroomed riverside property, located in a pleasant position on a friendly retirement island surrounded by the River Kennet. The property is part of a purposebuilt development of thirty homes in a pretty part of Marlborough, designed for the independence of residents aged over 55. This attractive and well-presented house with a convenient parking space at the front of the property overlooks the River Kennet. The town centre, with a good choice of shops including Waitrose, a twice weekly market, a wide range of amenities, numerous restaurants and good transport links, is a few minutes’ walk away. The property has direct access to beautiful riverside and meadow walks. Town Mill has a resident Estate Manager, 24 hour Careline system and a communal building with residents’ lounge and guest suite.
- Wooden front door with glazed side insert leading to Entrance Hall with stairs on left hand side rising to first floor.
- Under stairs cupboard with ample storage
- Shower Room with low level WC and wash hand basin
- Sitting room with double door to balcony. Ample power points, TV aerial point and BT point. This room is open plan incorporating the dining room
- Fitted kitchen with wall mounted units, gas boiler for domestic hot water and central heating
- First floor landing, airing cupboard housing domestic hot water cylinder which is lagged. Shelving above
- Bedroom 1. Good size bedroom with window overlooking the river and meadow, fitted wardrobes, power points, TV aerial socket and BT socket
- Bedroom 2. Fitted wardrobes
- Bathroom with bespoke shower, WC and wash hand basin
- Parking for one car
Approximate Gross Internal Area: 87 sq m / 936.5 sq ft
Local authority: Wiltshire County Council and Marlborough Town Council (Band E)
Energy Performance Rating: C-69
Contact Telephone: 01672 515621