22 Town Mill, SN8 1NS
22 Town Mill, SN8 1NS
Town Mill is a retirement development of 30 freehold two-bedroom cottages located on the site of an old Mill on an island on the River Kennet, with each cottage having its own allocated parking space. The picturesque ‘Wild Island’ offers walkways through to Marlborough High Street shops.
Built in 1987, 22 Town Mill is a delightful two bedroomed RETIREMENT property located in a pleasant and private position on a friendly retirement island surrounded by the River Kennet. The property is part of a purpose-built development of thirty homes in a pretty part of Marlborough, designed for the independence of residents aged over 55. The attractive and well-presented house with a convenient parking space at the front of the property overlooks the river Kennett. The town centre with a good choice of shops including Waitrose, a twice weekly market, a wide range of amenities, numerous restaurants and good transport links, is a few minutes’ walk away. The development has direct access to beautiful riverside and meadow walks.
Town Mill has a resident Estate Manager, 24-hour Careline system and a communal building with residents’ lounge, laundry, and guest suites.
- Wooden front door with glazed side inserts leading to Entrance Hall with stairs on the left-hand side rising to first floor
- Understairs cupboard with ample storage
- Cloak room with low level WC and wash hand basin. Shower tray and curtain
- Sitting room with double door to north facing balcony and river view. Ample power points, TV aerial point. This room is open plan incorporating the dining room
- Fitted kitchen with wall mounted units, gas boiler for domestic hot water and central heating and washing machine
- First floor landing, airing cupboard housing insulated hot water tank. Shelving above
- Bedroom 1. Good size bedroom with window overlooking the river, fitted wardrobes, power points, TV aerial socket and BT socket
- Bedroom 2. Fitted wardrobes
- Bathroom with walk-in shower and vanity unit with WC, wash hand basin and shelving
- Parking for one car
Approximate Gross Internal Area: 85.2 sq m / 917 sq ft
Local Authority: Wiltshire County Council and Marlborough Town Council (Band C)
Energy Performance Rating: C-74
Council tax band: C
Contact Telephone: 01672 515621