8 Town Mill, SN8 1NS
8 Town Mill, SN8 1NS
Town Mill is a retirement development of 30 freehold two-bedroom cottages located on the site of an old Mill on an island on the River Kennet, with each cottage having its own allocated parking space. The picturesque ‘Wild Island’ offers walkways through to Marlborough High Street shops.
Built-in 1987, 8 Town Mill is a delightful two bedroomed end of terrace cottage located in a premium position on a unique retirement island surrounded by the River Kennet. The property is part of a purpose-built development of thirty homes in a picturesque part of Marlborough designed for the independence of residents aged over 55. This is an attractive and well-presented house with a convenient parking space at the front of the property. The town centre, with a good choice of shops including Waitrose, a market, a wide range of amenities, numerous restaurants and good transport links is a few minutes’ walk away. Access to beautiful riverside and meadow walks. Town Mill has a resident Estate Manager, 24 hour Careline system and a communal building with residents’ lounge and guest suite.
- New composite front door with glazed side insert leading to
- Entrance Hall with stairs on right hand side rising to first floor. Under stairs cupboard with ample storage.
- Shower Room with low level WC and wash hand basin.
- Sitting room with double door leading on to the lawn. Ample power points, TV aerial point and BT point. This room is open plan incorporating the Dining room.
- Fitted kitchen with wall mounted units, Gas boiler for domestic hot water and central heating.
- Bedroom 1. Good size bedroom with window overlooking the complex, fitted wardrobes, power points, TV aerial socket and BT socket.
- Landing, airing cupboard housing domestic hot water cylinder which is lagged. Shelving above.
- Bedroom 2. Fitted wardrobes and window overlooking the Estate
- Newly refurbished bathroom with walk-in shower, vanity unit & WC
- Well maintained private garden to the rear of the property
- Parking for one car.
Approximate Gross Internal Area: 92.5 sq m / 996sq ft
Local authority: Wiltshire County Council and Marlborough Town Council (Band E)
Energy Performance Rating: D-68
Contact Telephone: 01672 515621