Managing the sales process
Osprey is a specialist in selling retirement properties. We not only act as the agent for residents wishing to sell their properties but also manage the entire sales process. This includes preparing sales brochures, including photographs and floor plans, and placing advertisements in the local and national press. Sales details are also published on leading search engines, such as Zoopla and Prime Location, and on the Osprey website. Because we are known to be specialists in the retirement housing sector, word of mouth is also a very important source of enquiries.
Osprey arranges viewings, answering any queries that applicants may have. Osprey then assists residents with negotiating sales to suitably qualified purchasers.
When a sale has been agreed, Osprey deals with enquiries from purchasers’ solicitors and arranges for any necessary paperwork associated with the sale, such as the licence to assign, to be completed.
Osprey is registered with HM Revenue and Customs as an estate agent, registered number 12875824
Osprey has more than 45 years’ experience in successfully managing and operating retirement properties.
Our watchwords are transparency and consultation so that residents are clear about what is being spent and why.
Our experience with the nuances of managing retirement properties allows us to optimise service delivery so that service charges are tightly managed to ensure residents get value for money.
Likewise, our expertise in all aspects of property management allows us to ensure that buildings and their surroundings are well maintained and presented, maintaining and enhancing the values of our residents’ homes. Major works to ensure the presentation of our buildings is of the highest quality are planned, funded and communicated to all owners well in advance to ensure there are no surprises.
Osprey charges a set management fee that is fixed annually in advance, rather than a percentage fee. This fee structure provides residents with confidence that Osprey always seeks the best value for any expenditure incurred on behalf of residents.
Service Charge Management
Our service charge management services include:
- Maintaining segregated service charge bank accounts for each property
- Preparing a budget for the year’s expenditure for discussion with residents
- Notifying and collecting the service charge
- Maintaining a sinking fund to finance the larger items of future expenditure
- Arranging building and public liability insurances
- Arranging and administering service contracts for items such as lifts
- Specifying and instructing contractors to carry out ad-hoc repairs
- Dealing with fire safety and general health and safety requirements
- Paying the bills of local councils and utility companies
- Dealing with employees’ salaries, pension contributions and NI contributions
- Liaising with accountants to provide residents with annual independent reports on income, expenditure and the balance in the reserve fund
Osprey’s services include the administration and maintenance of internal
and external common parts, such as:
- Cleaning internal areas
- Cleaning internal and external windows
- Replacing light bulbs, fuses, etc. as necessary
- Carrying out minor running repairs
- Tending the communal garden area, including grass cutting
- Sweeping pathways, roads, parking and dustbin areas
- Redecorating internal and external areas as required
- Maintaining in good working order lifts, boilers, video entry and alarm systems, aerials and fire equipment.