This website is operated by KCR Residential REIT Plc (“We” or “Us”). Our address in the UK is c/o Azets, Gladstone House. 77-79 High Street, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9HY.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information.
Personal information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- your name
- contact information, including email address and telephone number
This personal information is required to provide the Investor Alert to you or to respond to your enquiry to our "Contact Us" page. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from contacting you as requested.
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so. The table below explains what we use (process) your personal information for and our reasons for doing so:
|What we use your personal information for||Our reasons|
|To respond to your request for further information or to provide you with alerts||With your consent ie. you have requested information from us.
For our legitimate interests, ie. to enable us to provide you with further information relating to our services and respond to your request
|Statistical analysis to help us manage our business, eg in relation to our investor base or other efficiency measures||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, ie to be as efficient as we can so we can deliver the best service for you|
|Marketing our services to you.||For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, ie to promote our business|
We may use your personal information to send you updates (by email, text message, telephone or post) about our services.
We will always treat your personal information with the utmost respect and never share it with other organisations outside the group for marketing purposes.
You have the right to opt out of receiving further promotional communications at any time by:
- contacting us (see the 'How to contact us' section below)
- following the ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails we send you and on the website
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share personal information with:
- companies within the KCR group
- third parties we use to help deliver our website including InvestorCom Limited;
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, eg marketing agencies or website hosts.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal information to provide services to us and to you.
We may also need to share some personal information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
Where your personal information is held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group companies, third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above (see above: ‘Who we share your personal information with’).
We do not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- to provide you with any communications you have requested to receive until you inform us otherwise;
- to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
You have the following rights, which you can exercise free of charge:
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information; and
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us - see below: ‘How to contact us’; and
- let us have enough information to identify you and proof of your identity;
- let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed unlawfully. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you may raise about our use of your information.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us